Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Far Over The Misty Mountains Cold

Hey guys.
If you haven't seen the trailer for The Hobbit, do it now. Seriously, it's here. I'll wait.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Holy shit, right? If you know me, you know that I'm a movie buff. I think some might call it escapism, but for me, a good movie is magic. That  being said, The Lord of the Rings movies are absolutely, hands down, my favorites movies. The acting, the locations, the costumes, the themes, the fricking music, is magic. I remember seeing the Fellowship of The Ring with skeptical eyes, and leaving the theater entranced. For my money, those movies are as close to perfection as I think I'm likely to see in my life.
So, of course I was excited to hear about The Hobbit. But it wasn't till I saw the trailer that I fell in love again. It's only two minuets long, but it conveys the look, the feel, the world, that I love so much. Movies can be a dismal place sometimes, what with endless romantic comedies, remakes, and trash. But today, I'm back in Middle Earth, and it is beautiful.
The road goes ever on...

1 comment: